The Lewiston-Queenston Bridge is an arch bridge that crosses the Niagara River gorge just south of the Niagara Escarpment. The bridge was officially opened on November 1 1962. It is an international bridge between the United States and Canada. It connects Interstate 190 in the town of Lewiston, New York to Highway 405 in the village of Queenston, Ontario. The Lewiston-Queenston Bridge is a replica of the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls.
Customs plazas are located on both ends of the bridge, with tolls only being charged on entering Canada ($3.25 [USD or CAD] per automobile as of December 2007). Also, two duty-free stores are located between the two plazas.
The bridge permits no pedestrians, but licensed taxi service is permitted.
The current arch bridge replaced an old suspension bridge called the (Second) Queenston-Lewiston Bridge seven-tenths of a mile north. Coincidentally, the suspension bridge was originally built near the location of the present-day Rainbow Bridge, and was moved to Queenston in 1898 by R.S. Buck and engineer L.L. Buck, after the completion of the Rainbow Bridge's predecessor, the Upper Steel Arch Bridge. The suspension bridge was dismantled in 1963. The (First) Queenston-Lewiston Bridge was built in 1851 by engineer Edward Serrell and wrecked by wind in 1864 (or 1854). Some of the cables were still in place as late as 1895. The road deck span was about 841-849 ft (256-258 m). The suspension bridge design was unusual because the cables were attached to the cliff with only small towers. This made the road deck span shorter than the cable span of .