This is an incomplete bibliography
and Scientology-related books produced within the Church of Scientology
and its related organizations.
All entries are by L. Ron Hubbard or "Based on the Works of L. Ron Hubbard" books unless otherwise noted.
- Regarded as "Book One" by Scientologists, this hugely popular book set forth Hubbard's principles about the "Reactive Mind" and the "dynamic principle of existence".
- Reprints the original Astounding Science Fiction article from (May 1950) that introduced Dianetics prior to Book One.
- In this book, Hubbard introduced concepts that were later to become key elements of Scientology: the thetan, the tone scale, and past lives. It contains a description of how theta interacts with the physical universe of matter, energy, space and time — MEST. The book is written around a Chart of Human Evaluation, providing a complete description of the tone scale and the components of emotion — the “triangle” of Affinity, Reality and Communication (ARC.
- Also known as History of Man, Scientology: A History of Man and its original title What to Audit, this book gives Hubbard's instructions to Scientology auditors on how to recognize Space opera incidents when auditing preclears on the whole track. Among these incidents are buried memories of reincarnated past lives as clams, sloths, and cavemen.
- Hoax booklet purported to be by Soviet politician Lavrentiy Beria but actually written by Hubbard (according to those who helped him assemble it).
- Written by L. Ron Hubbard, Gene Denk, and Farley R. Spink. Some editions list Hubbard as sole author. Some editions refer to Hubbard as a nuclear physicist on the cover.
- A collection of "forty-one actual case histories" of reincarnation and past-life experiences, gleaned from auditing with an e-meter at the Church of Scientology's "Fifth London Advanced Clinical Course" held in 1958.
- The Book of E-Meter Drills
- Written by Mary Sue Hubbard, post-1988 editions were credited to L. Ron Hubbard.
- Also known as Purification. Compiled from earlier bulletins.