Sapieha Palace, Warsaw

Sapieha Palace, Warsaw

Sapieha Palace in Warsaw is one of the palaces in Warsaw New Town district of Warsaw, Poland.

The palace, ordered by Jan Fryderyk Sapieha was built in Baroque style in 1731-1746 by Jan Zygmunt Deybel. In 1818-1820 it has been re-arranged for army purposes into Koszary sapieżyńskie barracks. During November Uprising it served as barracks for the famous Polish 4th Infantry Regiment (Czwartacy). Destroyed in 1944 by German occupying forces, it was rebuilt in 1950s.

See also

Search another word or see Sapieha Palace, Warsawon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature