Sandon, Essex

Sandon, Essex

Sandon is a small village just off Junction 17 of the A12 in Essex, adjacent to Great Baddow and close to Danbury and was famous for an ancient Oak Tree on the Village Green that has been removed for safety reasons. New oak trees were planted on the village green to continue its legacy and mark Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.

Sandon has a secondary School, which is on Molrams Lane, which marks the border between Sandon and Great Baddow.

The Sandon School in Chelmsford, Essex is a popular 11-18 mixed comprehensive of 1200 students and is a Specialist College in Mathematics and Computing which has just received redesignation Offering a two year Key Stage 3 in English, Mathematics, ICT and Science. “A good school and improving school” OFSTED (October 2007) Holders of Sportsmark, Healthy Schools Award and Investors in People.

Sandon's only pub is The Crown, which is situated on the village green opposite St. Andrews Church.

There are two huge pits located next ro the A12. These are the results of gravel extraction during previous decades. In recent years these pits have been subject to an application to be utilised as landfill sites.

References

External links

Search another word or see Sandon, Essexon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature
FAVORITES
RECENT

;