2 City (1990 pop. 71,852), seat of Buchanan co., NW Mo., on the Missouri River; inc. 1845. It is the trade center of a rich agricultural and farming area. The city is a large market for livestock and grain, and has meatpacking and food- and leather-processing plants. Among its manufactures are electrical products, machinery, chemicals, clothing, and pet food. The city was laid out c.1843 on the site of a trading post founded (1826) by Joseph Robidoux. In 1860, St. Joseph became the eastern terminus of the pony express. The city was also an early, important railroad center until bypassed by the transcontinental railroad. Of interest are the pony-express stables (now a museum), the poet Eugene Field's home, and the city museum with noted Native American relics. Missouri Western State College is there.
Saint-Joseph, Le Havre is a 107-metre tall church in Le Havre, France. Construction on the church began in 1951, and ended in 1957. Some interpret its gloomy, neo-Gothic interior as a memorial to the five thousand civilians who died in Le Havre during a Nazi siege.
It was built, along with the vast majority of the current town, after the total devastation the town suffered during the Second World War. It is dedicated to local citizens killed during those air raids.