(סעד, lit. Aid
) is an religious
kibbutz in the Negev
desert in southern Israel
. Located near the Gaza strip
, and the cities of Sderot
, it falls under the jurisdiction of Sdot Negev Regional Council
. In 2006 it had a population of 599.
The kibbutz was founded on 30 June 1947, the day after Operation Agatha
, by graduates of the Bnei Akiva
movement. It was established in a manner similar to the tower and stockade
settlement campaign of the late 1930s, and was the first religious kibbutz to be founded by Sabras
Sa'ad is one of Israel's largest producers of carrots
, with a quarter of the country's production.