HCL Technologies (abbr. for Hindustan Computers Limited) is India’s 4th largest leading global IT Services companies, providing software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management services and BPO. Having made a foray into the global IT landscape in 1999 after its IPO, HCL Technologies focuses on Transformational Outsourcing, working with clients in areas that impact and re-define the core of their business. The company leverages an extensive global offshore infrastructure and its global network of offices in 17 countries to deliver solutions across select verticals including Financial Services, Retail & Consumer, Life Sciences (Clinical Research services in CDM and Biostatistics) & Healthcare, Aerospace, Automotive, Semiconductors, Telecom and ME (Media & Entertainment). For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007, HCL Technologies, along with its subsidiaries recorded revenues of US $ 1.7 Billion and employed 52,000 professionals .
HCL has its offices across the world with the major development centers in Chennai, Noida and Bangalore.
HCL Technologies has always encouraged use of inorganic growth strategies, a trait passed onto it from the parent company - HCL. Shortly after the setting up of HCL Technologies to address the engineering services and outsourced R&D market, HCL created a JV with James Martin in April 1996 to address the Y2K opportunity with HCL holding 60% of the equity. HCL Technologies in March 1999 bought the remaining 40% stake because of the change in James Martin's policy on not using its brand name in any joint venture. HCL renamed the entity Intellicent.
In Septermber 2001, HCL Technologies acquired 51% stake in Deutsche Bank's India software operation - Deutsche Software Limited (DSL) in an unspecified all-cash transaction. The deal included the 450 employees in the Bangalore operation and HCL had provision to acquire the remaining 49% over the next three years. Towards the end of the year, HCL consolidated its entry into BPO services by acquiring 90% of Apollo Contact Center from British Telecom for US$0.5 million. The remaining 10% of the company was acquired for US$1.8 million in 2004. The acquisition provided HCL with 350 employees in Belfast, Ireland in 2001 and the team grew to 1,600 by 2004.
Gulf Computers, a US-based UT services company focusing on ADM services was acquired in June 2002 for US$9.75 initial cash payment and earn-outs for three more years.
HCL Technologies acquired Capitalstream, a US BFSI product company for US$40 million in February 2008. Capitalstream's FinanceCenter product is an addition to HCL's current product addressing the BFSI market - Penstock, the product that HCL launched in 2007.
HCL Technologies acquired Liberata Financial Services Ltd. on 2nd Sep 2008, Liberata confirmed the sale of Liberata Financial Services Ltd. (LFS) to HCL for an undisclosed sum, following approval for change of control from the Financial Services Authority.
In 2007, HCL Technologies was ranked by The Black Book of Outsourcing as the #1 Infrastructure Management Services Outsourcing vendor in the world, ahead of vendors such as IBM, Accenture and EDS. HCL was also mentioned as the only India based vendor in the Top 10 in these rankings.
HCL's innovative HR practices, including its famous "Employee First" policy, have been the subject of case studies by the Harvard Business School (August 2007) and the London Business School (Spring 2007). In its issue dated November 19, 2007, Business Week recently featured HCL in an article titled "The Employee is Always Right", which talks about HCL's "Employee First" policy. (Source: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_47/b4059064.htm?campaign_id=rss_null )
|Fonterra||2008-00-00||Fonterra New Zealand LTD|
|Zep Inc||2008-04-01||Greenfield SAP ERP Financials Implementation|
|North Dakota state||2008-01-29||Claims administration technology implementation using Valley oak iVOS claims administration software|
|Wiltshire Police||2008-01-23||$4 million||Mobile and remote working solution provider for five and half years|
|Merck||2007-12-18||Strategic support to Merck's key IT initiatives|
|SolFocus||2007-10-31||Completion of Oracle 12i implementation|
|Celestica||2007-09-17||SAP deployment and support|
|Konica Minolta||2007-07-11||Offshore Development Center (ODC) to provide software services for KM's Multi Function Peripherals (MFPs), printers and medical equipment business lines|
|Rockwell Collins||2007-06-09||300 Engineer team||Software, hardware and mechanical engineering for full product lifecycle development|
|Alenia Aeronautica||2007-06-18||$15 million||Engineering services that will support the improvement of the C-27J Spartan production line|
|Smiths Aerospace||2007-02-27||60 engineer team||Engineering services|
|Microsoft||2007-02-09||Migration and project services|
|Crane Aerospace||2007-02-08||100 engineer team||Software, hardware and mechanical engineering for full product lifecycle development|
|Skandia||2006-12-20||$200 million||Application optimization, including development, maintenance and support (across all platforms) and remote infrastructure management|
|Teradyne||2006-07-13||$70 million||IT Consulting, Application Development and end-to-end Application and IT Infrastructure Management involving datacenter, network, security and help desk services|
|MSC Software Corporation||2006-03-24||One-Oracle” global rollout Oracle 11i applications project|
|DSG International||2006-01-26||Co-sourcing deal to provide system development, application delivery, infrastructure support and maintenance services|
|Autodesk||2005-11-10||Application and data center services for business-critical IT applications, including SAP, Siebel, Informatica|
|Hamilton Sundstrand||2005-08-24||Product engineering services|
|Boeing||2005-02-08||Software development partner for the 787 Dreamliner program|
|AA Insurance Services||2004-12-09||BPO services|
|AMD||2004-07-23||IT infrastructure management, maintenance and support of global IT applications|
|Airbus||2004-06-16||Embedded software for the System Data Acquisition Computer of the Airbus A340 Flight Warning System|
DfM in PCB assembly: solder joint integrity is directly tied to the component-land pattern selection.(DESIGNER'S NOTEBOOK)
Sep 01, 2011; MUCH LIKE BARE circuit boards, assemblies have unique sets of production issues, and their omission can be devastating to the...