is an unincorporated community
in Letcher County
, United States
. Located in the eastern part of the state, it lies about 6 miles (9 km) E of Whitesburg
. The area was inhabited in the late 19th century, but did not receive a post office until 1915: the name derives from the S
al Company, which owned the land. The mines are now defunct, although a small mine may still be visited, to some extent, about 500 from the center of town. The main business is the small Highland Winery, established in the mid‑1990s.