is a town
located in Gamō District
As of 2003, the town has an estimated population of 13,403 and a density of 301.06 persons per km². The total area is 44.52 km².
Ryūō is located in the center of Shiga
. The Hinogawa River and its 3 tributaries, Zenkojigawa, Sofugawa, and Soshirogawa, run on the flat land between Mount Kagamiyama on the West and Mount Yukinoyama on the East. Hilly regions cover the southern area in and out of Ryūō.
- Mountains: Kagamiyama (also called Western Ryūōzan), Yukinoyama (also called Eastern Ryūōzan)
- Rivers: Hinogawa, Zenkojigawa, Sofugawa, Soshirogawa
- April 1st 1889
- Gamo District; Kawamori-mura, Iwai-mura, Yamanoue-mura, Hayashi-mura, Sho-mura, Shinano-mura, Kayocho-mura, Shima-mura, and Ayado-mura merged as Nae-mura.
- Gamo District; Kagami-mura, Yamzura-mura, Ukawa-mura, Oguchi-mura, Kuzushi-mura, Shichiri-mura, Kawakami-mura, Hashimoto-mura, Yuge-mura, Sue-mura, Nishikawa-mura, Nishi-Yokozeki-mura, Yamanaka-mura, and Okaya-mura merged as Kagamiyama-mura.
- April 29th 1955 Ryūō-chō was established with merging Kagamiyama-mura and Nae-mura.
- 1956 Ryūō-chō Seinen-dan, an organization for young people, was organized. (Similar group existed before)
- Kiyoji Yamaguchi (2004 - )
- Ryūō Elementary School
- Ryūō-Nishi Elementary School Junior High Schools
- Ryūō Junior High School
There are no railways in Ryūō.
The nearest station is Shinohara Station, but many people find the Ōmihachiman or Yasu stations to be more convenient.
- Meishin Expressway
- Ryūō Interchange
- Ryūō Bus stop National Highway
- Route 8
- Route 477 Prefecture Route
- Trunk Line
- Pref. No. 13
- Pref. No. 14
- Pref. No. 22
- General Line
- Pref. No. 164
- Pref. No. 165
- Pref. No. 166
- Pref. No. 176
- Pref. No. 541