Ruza (Руза) is a town and the administrative center of Ruzsky District in Moscow Oblast, Russia, located on the Ruza River (a tributary of the Moskva River) west of Moscow. Population:
Ruza was first mentioned in 1339 as a part of the Principality of Zvenigorod. It became a part of Muscovy in the early 16th century. The town was a fortress, which protected Moscow from the west.
In the village of Kamenskoye, to the south of Ruza, a fortified church is preserved from the early 14th century. It is the oldest extant building in Moscow Oblast.