Ruddington is an English village (twinned with Grenay, France) situated five miles South of Nottingham in the Borough of Rushcliffe. It has a population of around 6,500 people.
A fiercely independent community, residents have previously conducted high profile campaigns in an attempt to retain the rural identity as a village and prevent it being subsumed into the adjoining suburban districts of Clifton and West Bridgford. Ruddington is also home to Rushcliffe Country Park.
Ruddington is notable for being the home of three major museums.The Ruddington Village Museum
- features authentic Chemists, Ironmongers and Fish and Chip shops from the Edwardian era, all rebuilt part by part inside the building, which was previously the Ruddington Infant and Girls' School.The Ruddington Framework Knitters' Museum
- is a unique complex of listed frameshops, cottages, and outbuildings arranged around a garden courtyard, together with a former chapel. The site has been restored to show the working and living conditions of the framework knitters who occupied it throughout the nineteenth century, and is one of the few places in Britain where you can see a working Framework Knitting machine.Nottingham Transport Heritage Centre
- is situated adjacent to the Rushcliffe Country Park. There is a preserved stretch of the now defunct Great Central Railway line. Also home to a Classic Road Transport collection, a miniature railway and many more attractions. The railway works every Sunday and bank holiday Monday from easter to late October. There are plans to join this stretch to the preserved stretch of the railway in Loughborough.
- For more information, see Great Central Railway (preserved).
- Nottingham City Transport
- 10: Nottingham - Trent Bridge - ASDA - Wilford Hill - Ruddington
- N48: Nottingham - Meadows - Queens Drive - Clifton - Ruddington
- Veolia (Dunn-Line)
- 63: QMC - Ruddington - Bingham
- 99: Nottingham - Trent Bridge - Ruddington - Loughborough - Coalville
- Nottingham County Council
- 197: Silverdale - Clifton - Ruddington - Wilford Hill - West Bridgford - Gamston
- Trent Barton
- Ruddington Connection: Nottingham - Trent Bridge - Ruddington - Ruddington Business Park - Clifton