– February 1987), aka Kim Ronyoung
, was the pen name of Gloria Hahn
, a Korean American
writer. She was born and raised in Southern California to Korean immigrants,, and died not long after finishing Clay Walls
(1987), a novel about a Korean family that leaves the Japanese occupation in Korea in the 1920s to live in the United States.
These articles about Kim are listed in the MLA
database and/or at JSTOR
- Jeong, Young Sook; Daughtering Asian American Women's Literature in Maxine Hong Kingston, Nellie Wong, and Ronyoung Kim Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 2007 Feb; 67 (8): 2985. Indiana U, Pennsylvania, 2006.
- Lee, A. Robert. "Eat a Bowl of Tea: Asian America in the Novels of Gish Jen, Cynthia Kadohata, Kim Ronyoung, Jessica Hagedorn, and Tran Van Dinh" The Yearbook of English Studies Vol. 24, Ethnicity and Representation in American Literature (1994), pp. 263-280 online
- Libretti, Tim; "Asian American Cultural Resistance" Race, Gender and Class, 1997; 4 (3): 20-39.
- Na, Younsook; "Positioning Haesu in Multiple Locations: The Issue of Gender, Class and Nationalism in Clay Walls" Feminist Studies in English Literature, 2002 Winter; 10 (2): 309-29.
- Oh, Sae-a; ""Precious Possessions Hidden": A Cultural Background to Ronyoung Kim's Clay Walls" MELUS Vol. 26, No. 3, Confronting Exiles. (Autumn, 2001), pp. 31-49. online
- Phillips, Jane; "'We'd Be Rich in Korea': Value and Contingency in Clay Walls by Ronyoung Kim" MELUS, 1998 Summer; 23 (2): 173-87. online
- Shin, Duckhee; "Class and Self-Identity in Clay Walls" MELUS, 1999 Winter; 24 (4): 125-36. online
- Solberg, S. E.; "Clay Walls: Korean American Pioneers" Korean Culture, 1986 Dec; 7 (4): 30-35.
- Thoma, Pamela. "Representing Korean American Female Subjects, Negotiating Multiple Americas, and Reading Beyond the Ending in Ronyoung Kim's Clay Walls" pp. 265-93 IN: Lawrence, Keith (ed.); Cheung, Floyd (ed.); Recovered Legacies: Authority and Identity in Early Asian American Literature. Philadelphia, PA: Temple UP; 2005.
- Yun, Chung-Hei. "Clay Walls by Ronyoung Kim" pp. 78-85 IN: Wong, Sau-ling Cynthia (ed. and introd.); Sumida, Stephen H. (ed. and introd.); A Resource Guide to Asian American Literature. New York, NY: Modern Language Association of America; 2001.