It is located on the south shore of Lake Constance.
The oldest traces date back to the year 779 A.D. The old church represents itself to us as a witness of the past. Romanshorn was for centuries an important "outpost" for the abbey of St. Gallen. Starting as a small village the number of inhabitants raised explosively as the train-station and the harbour were built and trains from Zurich arrived after 1855. With this major improvement in logistics the touristically interesting place Romanshorn was born.
US Patent Issued to Schmidhauser on Nov. 13 for "Circuit Arrangement and Method for Insulation Monitoring for Inverter Applications" (Swiss Inventors)
Nov 17, 2012; ALEXANDRIA, Va., Nov. 17 -- United States Patent no. 8,310,242, issued on Nov. 13, was assigned to Schmidhauser AG...