The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail
is a collection of championship caliber golf courses
, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
, distributed across the state of Alabama
, as part of investments by the Retirement Systems of Alabama
. The trail started with 378 holes at eight sites throughout the state, but has grown to 432 holes at ten sites.
The concept was created and executed by Dr. David Bronner, CEO of the Retirement Systems of Alabama. The mission was to effectively diversify the assets of the state's pension fund and economically help the state of Alabama, the philosophy being that "the stronger the Retirement Systems of Alabama can make Alabama, the stronger the Retirement Systems will be."
Courses and locations
- Cambrian Ridge (Greenville)
- Capitol Hill (Prattville/Montgomery)
- Grand National (Auburn/Opelika)
- Hampton Cove (Huntsville)
- Highland Oaks (Dothan)
- Magnolia Grove (Mobile)
- Oxmoor Valley (Birmingham)
- Ross Bridge (Hoover/Birmigham)
- Silver Lakes (Anniston/Gadsden)
- The Shoals (Muscle Shoals/Florence)