River Valley Charter School has a history of high-academic performance. For the past 5 years, River Valley High has had the highest API (Academic Performance Index) score in its county. This year's score (2008) is 894. It is in the top 10% for the statewide rankings.
Core classes include: Math, Science, History, English, and Career Development.
Extracurricular activities include: Newspaper, Communications, Painting I and II, Sculpture I and II,Spanish I and II, Girls and Boys Soccer, Track, and Cross Country teams, Associated Student Body, Visual Arts, Drama, Chorus, Bookclub, and Yearbook.
• Cheryl Bloom: Principal
• Montie Smith: Seventh, eighth, and ninth-grade science teacher.
• Alisha DeBusk: Math teacher
• Stephen Hunsberger: Biology, Chemistry, Physics teacher.
• Brooke Faigin: Seventh, eighth, and ninth-grade History and Technology teacher.
• Michael McElman: American Government, U.S. History, Western Civilization teacher.
• Julie White: Advanced Literature and British Literature teacher.
• Lauren Manganiello: Seventh, eighth, and ninth-grade Literature and English teacher.
• Rachel Krajewski: Math Teacher
- Giavana Neff - Math Teacher
- Linda Mitzel - Resource Teacher
- Kathy DeStefano - Counselor *