is an American comic book writer and artist
who resides in Portland, Oregon
. He is best known for his creator-owned work on Image Comics
' series Fear Agent
, Strange Girl
, and Sea of Red
Before working in the comic book industry Rick worked in animation on such films as The Iron Giant, Anastasia, Titan A.E. and The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
He has illustrated album covers for punk bands such as NOFX, Pitch Black, Lagwagon and No Use for a Name.
In 2005 he illustrated the comic book adaptation of the movie Man With the Screaming Brain, which was published by Dark Horse Comics.
In 2006 he illustrated the series The Last Christmas, which was written by Brian Posehn with Gerry Dugan and inked by Hilary Barta.
On January 8, 2007 it was announced on his column Against The Grain that he would be teaming up with French artist Paul Renaud for a Red Sonja one-shot published by Dynamite Entertainment titled "Vacant Shell". He is also working on the horror anthology comics Crawl Space with Kieron Dwyer, which will include stories like "XXXombies".
Remender is currently working on the Dark Horse Comics series The End League, as well as launching a giant robot series Gigantic, he will also be relaunching Fear Agent and starting a new series at Image Comics called Sorrow. He has also announced work on a comic based on the Lanyard Toys line The Corps! for Devil's Due Publishing.
In 2008, he became co-author of Punisher War Journal with #19 and will become the sole writer after Matt Fraction leaves the title. IDW Publishing also released a "master edition" of Black Heart Billy.
- Captain Dingleberry (Slave Labor Graphics, 1999)
- Black Heart Billy (AiT/Planet Lar, 2000)
- Doll and Creature (AiT/Planet Lar, 2002)
- Night Mary (IDW Publishing, 2005)
- Sea of Red (with Salgood Sam & Kieron Dwyer, Image Comics, 2005)
- Strange Girl (with Eric Nguyen, Image Comics, 2005)
- Fear Agent (with Tony Moore, Image Comics and Dark Horse Comics, 2005-ongoing)
- Doll and Creature (Image Comics, 2006)
- Red Sonja: "Vacant Shell" (with Paul Renaud, one-shot, Dynamite Entertainment, 2007)
- Crawl Space (with Kieron Dwyer, Image Comics, 2007-ongoing)
- Sorrow (with co-author Seth Peck and art by Francesco Francavilla, Image Comics, August 2007-ongoing)
- The End League (with Mat Broome, Dark Horse Comics, January 2008-ongoing)
- Gigantic (with Eric Nguyen, Dark Horse Comics, October 2008, forthcoming)
Against The Grain
On September 5
, Rick began writing a monthly column for the comic book news website Newsarama
Between January 8, 2007 and January 24, 2007 Rick's column spotlighted seven artists he was collaborating with on forthcoming projects.