Reynoldsburg is a city in Fairfield, Franklin, and Licking counties in the U.S. state of Ohio. The population was 32,069 at the 2000 census.
Reynoldsburg is located at (39.959913, -82.801290).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 10.6 square miles (27.4 km²).
As of the census
of 2000, there were 32,069 people, 12,849 households, and 8,801 families residing in the city, but due to the large percentage of high school pregnancies it is possible that total is nowhere near that today. population density
was 3,030.0 people per square mile (1,170.3/km²). There were 13,434 housing units at an average density of 1,269.3/sq mi (490.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 85.01% White
, 10.44% African American
, 1.07% Native American
, 1.69% Asian
, 0.05% Pacific Islander
, 0.74% from other races
, and 1.81% from two or more races. Hispanic
of any race were 1.80% of the population.
There were 11,109 households out of which 34.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.8% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.5% were non-families. 25.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.49 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the city the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 31.9% from 25 to 44, 23.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 91.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $51,108, and the median income for a family was $60,183. Males had a median income of $40,608 versus $30,448 for females. The per capita income for the city was $23,388. About 4.4% of families and 5.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.9% of those under age 18 and 4.4% of those age 65 or over.
Reynoldsburg City Schools is a suburban public school district located in the city of Reynoldsburg, Ohio, just east of Columbus. Over 6,500 students are enroll in Reynoldsburg schools. The district strives to provide the dynamic instruction, personalized programming and solid support systems necessary for every one of their students to succeed. The board of education, administration and staff share the core belief that every child can learn at high levels, and that every child deserves the best education possible.
- French Run elementary
- Graham Road elementary
- Herbert Mills elementary
- Rose Hill elementary
- Slate Ridge elementary
- Taylor Road elementary
NEW Elementary school opens in Fall of 2009
Middle Schools/Junior High
- Hannah Ashton Middle School
- Waggoner Rd MS
- Baldwin Rd Junior High
- Waggoner Rd Junior High
New High school opens probably never.
- Reynoldsburg is known as "The Birthplace of the Tomato" and the "Tomato Festival" is held there every September. Every year there is a Tomato Festival Queen.
- The city currently has six elementary schools, two middle schools, two junior high schools and one high school. The high school and junior high school's mascot is the Raider (a pirate) and its colors are purple and gold.
- The Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Ohio Fire Academy and State Fire Marshal's office are also located in Reynoldsburg.
- The rapper Bow Wow attended Hannah J. Ashton Middle School.
- Mike Matheny grew up in Reynoldsburg before playing Major League Baseball for the following teams: Brewers, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and Giants.
- The Reynoldsburg Raider Marching Pride marched in the 2007 London New Year's Day Parade.