Revivim is a kibbutz in the Negev desert in southern Israel. Located around half an hour south of Beersheba, it falls under the jurisdiction of Ramat HaNegev Regional Council. It has a population of around 800, of which nearly 350 are members.
The community was formed in 1938 in Rishon LeZion
by young immigrants
, all of whom were members of HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed
who had been educated at kibbutz Givat Brenner
. The kibbutz itself was established on 7 July 1943 as one of the three lookouts
, and was initially named Tel HaTzofim
(lit. Scout's hill
). It was later renamed Revivim by Berl Katznelson
after the magazine edited by Yosef Haim Brenner
(for whom Givat Brenner was named).
Agriculture is important in Revivim, the olive groves are irrigated with locally available brackish water. The olive oil has won a number of prizes. There is a large dairy farm which recently was awarded the prize for the largest amount of milk produced by any farm in Israel. There is also a chicken hatchery and a fish growing farm.
Aside from agriculture, Revivim has interests in a variety of industries including an injection moulding company ("Raviv") and a company that designs and produces valves for automotive fuel systems ("Raval").