Willington railway station serves the village of Willington in Derbyshire, England. The station is 10 km (6¼ miles) south east of Derby on the Derby to Birmingham New Street line.
The original station was opened in 1839 by the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway on its original route from Derby to Hampton-in-Arden meeting the London and Birmingham Railway for London.
For a time it was known also as Repton and Willington with a notice on the platform: "Alight here for Repton School".
It closed for goods in 1964 and for passengers in 1968. The present station was constructed in the mid 1990s.
The local services are operated by CrossCountry
and the London trains by East Midlands Trains
. The present station was constructed in the mid 1990s.It is served only by a handful of Birmingham - Nottingham local trains and a couple of semi-fast services from Burton upon Trent
to London St Pancras International