Rejoyce: The Christmas Album
is a holiday album
by American pop singer Jessica Simpson
, released in 2004.
It includes a duet
with her sister, Ashlee Simpson
, on the song "Little Drummer Boy
". Additionally, it also includes a duet with Nick Lachey
, Simpson's husband at the time, on "Baby, It's Cold Outside
". The cover of Amy Grant
's "Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)
" is notable, as Simpson has said that Amy Grant
is one of her favorite recording artists and her role model. Rejoyce
was certified gold by the RIAA
in January 2005. Its singles are "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
" and "What Christmas Means To Me" (although no accompanying video was produced); the song "O Holy Night
has a video.
A limited-edition version was released as a promotion for 7-11.
- "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) – 2:01
- "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" (Mel Tormé, Robert Wells) – 4:03
- "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (Frank Loesser) – 2:49
- "O Holy Night" (Adolphe Adam) – 4:11
- "The Little Drummer Boy" (Katherine Davis, Henry Onorati, Harry Simeone) – 3:41
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (Tommie Connor) – 3:09
- "What Child Is This" (Traditional) – 3:57
- "What Christmas Means to Me" (Anna Gordy Gaye, George Gordy, Allen Story) – 3:01
- "Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)" (Chris Eaton, Amy Grant) – 5:40
- "It's Christmas Time Again" (billymann, Nick Lachey, Christopher Rojas,Jessica Simpson) – 3:10
- "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" (Felix Mendelssohn) – 3:11
Limited Edition Christmas Collection
- "The Little Drummer Boy" (Duet With Ashlee Simpson)
- "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"
- "O Holy Night"
- "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
- "What Christmas Means To Me"
- "Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song)"
- "Angels (Acoustic)"
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
- O Holy Night
- What Christmas Means to Me
- Jessica Simpson - vocals
- billymann - acoustic guitar, flute, guitar, background vocals, nylon string guitar
- Great Anointing - choir, chorus
- Gary Haase - bass, horn, string bass
- Nick Lachey - vocals
- Larry Loftin - background vocals
- Dave Mann - flute, horn, saxophone
- Jennifer Paige - background vocals
- Paul Pimsler - guitar
- Christopher Rojas - violin, electric guitar, keyboard
- Ashlee Simpson - vocals
- Pete Wallace - piano, Hammond organ
- George Whitty - horn
- Buddy Williams - drums
- Producers: billymann, Christopher Rojas, Pete Wallace
- Engineers: billymann, Gary Haase, Christopher Rojas, Pete Wallace
- Assistant engineer: Doug Tyo
- Mixing: Andy Zulla
- Mastering: Tom Coyne
- A&R: Theresa LaBarbera Whites
- production coordination: Lana Israel
- production assistant: Nikki Klarberg
- Programming: Christopher Rojas, Pete Wallace
- Drum programming: Christopher Rojas, Pete Wallace
- Vocal engineer: Doug Tyo
- Arrangers: billymann, Nick Lachey, Christopher Rojas, Jessica Simpson, Pete Wallace
- Horn arrangements: Gary Haase
- String arrangements: Christopher Rojas
- Vocal arrangement: billymann, Tye Tribett
- Woodwind arrangement: Gary Haase
- Art direction: Mary Maurer
- Photography: Gilles Bensimon