During the rise of the Nazi regime, the Reichsgericht was enlisted to support the Nazi agenda. During and after the Nazi period, it received criticism for the ease, and even willingness, with which it transitioned. It provided the highest level of formal legal justification for Nazi programs. Immediately after the end of World War II the Reichsgericht was dissolved, and reformed into the german High Court for the Unified Economic Region, the occupation zones of France, Great Britain and the United States.
Located in Leipzig, Saxony, Germany, the Reichsgericht building was designed by Ludwig Hoffmann, and construction was completed in 1895. It is designed in the Italian renaissance style and features two large courtyards, a central cupola and a large portico at the entrance.