IBM Rational Asset Manager
(RAM) is a collaborative software development asset management
solution that supports the Reusable Asset Specification
(RAS) and enables organizations to identify, manage and govern the design, development and consumption of software assets, including services as part of a service-oriented architecture
Rational Asset Manager is a development asset management
repository that uses the Reusable Asset Specification
(RAS) to define, create and modify assets. It provides asset type specific search & governance, and measures asset reuse
Rational Asset Manager handles any kind of asset, such as applications, components, patterns, software that runs systems and products, services, frameworks, templates, etc. Rational Asset Manager includes the following functionality:
Asset upload, download, update, packaging
- Support for asset types, asset categorization, attributes and asset relationships.
Security and access control
- Asset permissions based on groups, roles, users and asset types
- Search using categories/facets/keywords
- File contents search, text, word, powerpoint, ear, war, zip files
Workflow & Review Boards
- Basic review/approval flow built in with configuration possible through integration with Rational ClearQuest
Metrics and reporting
- Record usage, feedback
- Export delimited file
- Discussions, Email and RSS feeds
Create and update asset versions
Rational Asset Manager provides several benefits for development organizations.
- Supports asset based development, warehousing and asset management
- Allows disparate teams to communicate securely and eliminate rework with asset traceability, categorization and utilization monitoring
- Implement compliant standards related to your intellectual property, providing the right level of access to countries, and/or teams.
- Mitigation of risks and lower costs of meeting compliance mandates by securing Intellectual property
- Straightforward discovery, storage and deployment of services in a service-oriented architecture
- Store information that is useful for collaborating on software development of Assets.
- Provides tools for defining, creating, reviewing and retrieving assets.
- Uses the Reusable Asset Specification to describe and classify assets
- Supports any kind of asset - source code, DLLs, documentation, presentations, patterns, process flows, etc.
- Enables you to implement asset based development to and succeed with reuse strategies, cutting development costs.
- Flexible access to assets via an Eclipse or Web client.
- Integrates with other Rational and IBM tools, such as Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest or WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.