Raków is a village in Kielce County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship, in south-central Poland. It is the seat of the gmina (administrative district) called Gmina Raków. It lies approximately south-east of the regional capital Kielce. The village has a population of 1,213.
Until the 1630s, the town had grown to 15,000 inhabitants, with businesses centering around the Academy of the Socinians.
In 1639, during counterreformation, the Polish Sejm banned their faith. The inhabitants were expelled out of the country. Many buildings destroyed. Later destruction was brought by Cossacks and Hungarians in 1657. By 1700 the town had only 700 inhabitants left.