The Railroad Cottage Historic District
was constructed by the San Pedro, Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad
to providing housing for the railroad's workers.
A total of 64 cottages
were constructed from 1900-1912 in three different styles. The three bedroom model offered and the two bedroom house contained 768 sq ft.
The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 22, 1987.
One building was moved to the Clark County Museum in 2002. Several additional buildings were moved in 2006 to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve.