Dr R T Kendall
was the pastor of Westminster Chapel
in London, England, for twenty-five years. Born in Ashland, Kentucky
on July 13
, he was educated at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
and obtained a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) at Regent's Park College
, a hall of the University of Oxford
. While there, he was also Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Lower Heyford
from 1974 to 1977 (now Brackley Baptist Church) which mainly served USAF families based at RAF Upper Heyford
and RAF Croughton
. He is well-known internationally as a Christian speaker and teacher
He is universally known by his initials RT; his full name is Robert Tillman Kendall.
From February 1, 1977 to February 1, 2002 he was Senior Minister at Westminster Chapel in London. He followed the pastorate of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones, who himself remained in the church from 1977 until his death in 1981.
Dr Kendall is now in retirement in Hendersonville, Tennessee, but remains actively involved in ministry as a prolific writer and guest speaker at Christian conferences.
In 2002 he was introduced by the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Envoy to the Middle East to meet the Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. Subsequently the men met on a number of occasions.
Author of over forty books including:
- All's Well That Ends Well
- The Anointing: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
- Are You Stone Deaf to the Spirit or Re-discovering God?
- Before the Throne: A Comprehensive Guide to the Importance and Practice of Worship
- Believing God
- Between the Times: Malachi: God's Last Prophet of the Old Testament
- Calvin and English Calvinism to 1649
- The Complete Guide to the Parables: Understanding and Applying the Stories of Jesus
- Does Jesus Care?
- The Gift of Giving
- Grace and Glory
- Is God for the Homosexual?
- God Meant It for Good
- Great Christian Prayers: From the Rich History of Christian Faith - A Prayer for Every Day of the Year
- He Saves: How to Become - and Stay - a Christian
- Higher Ground
- In Pursuit of His Glory: My 25 Years at Westminster Chapel
- The Judgment Seat of Christ: What Will God Say to You When You Die?
- The God of the Bible
- Just Grace
- Just Say Thanks!
- Justification By Works: How Works Vindicate True Faith. Sermons on James 1-3
- A Man After God's Own Heart: God's Relationship with David - and with You
- Meekness and Majesty
- Once Saved Always Saved
- Out of the Comfort Zone: Your God Is Too Nice
- Pure Joy
- The Sensitivity of the Spirit: The Forgotten Anointing
- Stand Up and Be Counted
- Tales of Total Forgiveness
- Thanking God
- Thorn in the Flesh
- Tithing: A Call to Serious, Biblical Giving
- Understanding Theology (in 3 Volumes)
- A Vision of Jesus
- The Way Of Wisdom: Patience In Waiting On God Sermons On James 4-5
- When God Shows Up: Expecting the Unexpected
- Who by Faith
- The Word and the Spirit: Reclaiming Your Covenant with the Holy Spirit and the Word of God
- Worshipping God