According to the 2001 UK census, Full Sutton parish had a population of 977.
Full Sutton is also home to a former airforce station, RAF Full Sutton. Opened in 1944, the station operated as a bomber base during World War II; it would later be used to maintain a number of Thor missiles in readiness as part of the UK deterrent force, before finally closing in April 1963.
During 1958 the BRSCC organised four races on the airfields runways and perimeter roads. Jim Clark was among the winners at the first event. The circuit was Britain's longest at , but the races drew few crowds and the BRSCC soon switched to RAF Rufforth when that became available the following year.
Full Sutton is now used as a general aviation airfield, with its own training facilities for the aspiring pilot.