(born 1 September 1949
) is a French politician
and Member of the European Parliament
for central France
. She is a member of the Socialist Party
, which is part of the Party of European Socialists
, and sits on the Committee on Budgets
She is also chair of the delegation to the EU–Bulgaria Joint Parliamentary Committee, a substitute for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, and a member of the temporary committee on policy challenges and budgetary means of the enlarged Union 2007–2013.
- Diploma of higher studies of environment/water treatment (Poitiers, 1971).
- University diploma of management (Clermont-Ferrand, 1982).
- Teaching (1971-1972), member of various (1973-1992) and management engineering and design departments of companies
- Member of the municipal council of Cournon-d'Auvergne (1982-1989)
- Mayor of Cournon-d'Auvergne (1989-2001)
- Regional adviser (1998-1999).
- President of the local Mission for the employment of the young people of Cournon (1990-2002)
- General adviser of the department of Puy de Dôme (1996-1998)
- Vice-president of the agglomeration Clermontoise (2000-2002)
- Member of the regional council (1998-1999)
- Mayor of Cournon-d'Auvergne (1989-1999).
National and European mandates
- Member of the Socialist Party national council (1990-2003)
- Member of the Socialist Party national bureau (1997-1999)
- Associated secretary-general of the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1997-2001)
- Member of the National Council of the local Missions (2002)
- Member of the Fonds Intervention Commerce et Artisanat (FISAC) (1992-2001)
- Member of the national council (1990-1999) and the national office of the Socialist Party (1997-1999).
- Member of the office of the socialist and republican elected officials (1990-2001)
- Vice-president of the European Association of the elected officials of mountain
- Member of the European Parliament (since 1999)