Quibbley was a comic strip by Scott Wood that appeared in the Stars and Stripes newspaper starting in 1985.
At least Three book collections of the strip were published and sold in the Stars and Stripes stores.
- The Army, According to Quibbley. 1985. -- 56 p.
- The Best of Quibbley II. 198-? -- 168 p.
- Captains, Corporals and Quibbley. 1985. -- 56 p.
The Quibbley strip was also referenced by another strip called "Stationed in Germany with Fred and Frank." That author's strip can be seen at http://www.fredandfrank.com/artwork/c3.html
- Pvt. Quibbley - A glasses wearing "loser" just trying to do the best he can.
- Sgt. Mom - Literally Quibbley's mom and a sergeant in the United States Army who occasionally visits and terroizes Quibbley.
- Pvt. Marvin - An overweight soldier.
- Bitsey - A short female soldier.
- Quimbo - Quibbley's alter ego that dresses like Rambo carrying a ping pong paddle along with ping pong balls arranged in bandoleers.
- Clump - Quibbley's dog (with some of the characteristics of Dogbert) and viking horn wearing sidekick when in Quimbo mode.
- Lt. McFlakey - Platoon leader and even more clueless than Quibbley.