is a house located at 51 Main Street, North Easton, Massachusetts
next to the Ames Free Library
. The house was designed by noted architect Andrew Jackson Downing
in 1854 under commission from industrialist Oakes Angier Ames
. In 1872 John Ames Mitchell
designed its rear extension. Landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted
planned its grounds.
The Ames Free Library purchased the house in 2007 and will rename it the Fanny Holt Ames Center. The building will be used as an extension for the library's collections and activities.