is a small locality on the Hauraki Plains
of New Zealand
. It lies approximately 14km south-east of Thames, New Zealand
Puriri was originally a Ngatimaru settlement, which the Rev. Henry Williams and three fellow missionaries visited in October 1833. They subsequently established a mission station in the settlement, which the Rev. James Preece took over in 1834 with the assistance of the Rev. James Hamlin. In 1838 the station was transferred to Parawai (part of the present town of Thames).
In 1868 Puriri was the location for an official goldfield during the Thames-Coromandel gold rush.
is a coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a decile rating of 7 and a roll of 31. The school celebrated its 80th anniversary in 1961 and its 125th anniversary in 2003. There was an earlier school called Puriri School, which flourished in 1837.