It was established in 1701 by Lady Mary Sadleir, who made provision in her will for lecturers in algebra to be funded at nine colleges in the university. She died in 1706 and the lectures began in 1710. In 1860 the lectureships were changed to a professorship.
Note: Early university records and some references, e.g., Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edition, refer to the subject as Sadlerian Chair.
Further Pure Mathematics with Technology: Developing a New ?-Level Mathematics Unit That Uses Technology in the Teaching, the Learning, and the Assessment
Jul 01, 2013; Tom Button documents the essential features of the development processFurther Pure Mathematics with Technology (FPT) is a new...