is an act that causes a response.
Provocation and provoke can refer to:
- Provocation (legal), a type of legal defense in court which claims the "victim" provoked the accused's actions
- Agent provocateur, a (generally political) group that tries to goad a desired response from the group or otherwise disrupt its activity
- Provocation (medical), a way of medical testing for conditions such as an allergy by provoking the immune system's response
- Provoke (album), a 1998 album by Altar and their final release on Displeased Records
- Provoked (film), a 2007 British film starring Aishwarya Rai and Naveen Andrews
- Provoked, a 2008 album by Henry Rollins.