The Tailless Lineblue (Prosotas dubiosa) is a species of blue butterfly found in Asia. It is called the Small Purple Line Blue in Australia.
The butterfly occurs in Sri Lanka
and peninsular India
. The range extends onto Myanmar
, and, possibly Thailand
. Peninsular Malaysia
and Java. Possibly Philippines
. Further East the butterfly occurs in Australia
, New Guinea
and the Solomon islands
. In Australia the butterfly occurs from Northern Australia to New South Wales (Coffs Harbour).
- Beccaloni, G. W., Scoble, M. J., Robinson, G. S. & Pitkin, B. (Editors). 2003. The Global Lepidoptera Names Index (LepIndex). World Wide Web electronic publication. http://www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/lepindex [accessed 14 October 2006].
- Evans, W.H. (1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies. (2nd Ed), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India
- Gaonkar, Harish (1996) Butterflies of the Western Ghats, India (including Sri Lanka) - A Biodiversity Assessment of a threatened mountain system. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society.
- Haribal, Meena (1994) Butterflies of Sikkim Himalaya and their Natural History.
- Kunte,Krushnamegh (2005) Butterflies of Peninsular India. Universities Press.
- Marrku Savela's Website on Lepidoptera
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.