It encompasses the municipalities of:
The nineteenth century architecture has been partly preserved in the town. Earlier times are witnessed by the remnants of the edifices such as The House of Hajduk Veljko from the seventeenth century. Particularly interesting is the Old Church of Archangel Michael, the endowment of Miloš Obrenović, built in 1818.
The Jošanica monastery was built in the late seventeenth century at the time of Despot Đurađ Branković's reign, and is regarded the finest medieval building of this region. In the vicinity of Ćuprija stands the Ravanica monastery with the Church of Assumption, the endowment of Prince Lazar, built between 1375 and 1377. After the death of Prince Lazar Hrebeljanović in the Battle of Kosovo, his holy relics were safeguarded there all until 1690, when their three-century-long moving together with the Serb people started, as to be finally returned to his endowment today.
The Resava-Manasija monastery is located in the immediate vicinity of Despotovac. The Resava endowment of Despot Stefan Lazarević was built between 1407 and 1418. Over the fifteenth century the famous Resava School carried out its work there, in the framework of several workshops in which major texts of the world heritage were copied and the new ones written. Konstantin the Philosopher, the author of the "Hagiography of Despot Stefan" and the "Book on Letters" which regulated the then current Orthography of Serbian language, carried out his creative work in the Resava monastery.
Note: All official material made by Government of Serbia is public by law. Information was taken from official website