refers to a vehicle, missile, or aircraft that creates thrust by expelling burned fuel as exhaust at a high rate.
It can also refer to a rocket engine.
Rocket may also refer to:In media:
- Rocket (comics), a DC Comics character
- The Rocket (Slippery Rock), a weekly newspaper published by the students of Slippery Rock University
- The Rocket (newspaper), a defunct weekly newspaper in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon
- The Rocket (film), a movie about the life of ice hockey's Maurice Richard
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels, a video game by Sucker Punch Productions
- Rocket (Buscapé), the protagonist and narrator in the Brazilian film City of God
- Rocket, the code-name of the game engine for Age of Empires III
- MP3 Rocket, a peer-to-peer based file sharing (P2P) client for the Java Platform
- Rocket, a character in Galactik FootballIn music and dance:
- Rocket (band), an American all-girl pop-punk band formed in 2005
- Rocket (album), an album by the band Primitive Radio Gods
- "Rocket" (Def Leppard song), a song by Def Leppard
- "Rocket" (The Smashing Pumpkins song), a song by The Smashing Pumpkins
- "Rockets", a song by Cat Power from her 1995 album Dear Sir
- Rocket Records, a record label
- The Rockettes, a dance company
- Rockit, a Herbie Hancock song
- The Rockit Hong Kong Music FestivalPeople:
- Charles Rocket
People nicknamed "Rocket" include:
- Matt Bonner, a basketball player, a.k.a. the "Red Rocket"
- Pavel Bure, an ice hockey player, a.k.a. the "Russian Rocket"
- Roger Clemens, a baseball pitcher
- Owen Hart, a professional wrestler
- Raghib Ismail, a former professional American football player, in both the Canadian Football League and National Football League
- Rod Laver, Australian tennis player
- Ronnie O'Sullivan, a snooker player
- Rikki Rockett, stage name of the drummer for the rock band Poison
- Maurice Richard, a former ice hockey player whose nickname was "the Rocket"
- Henri Richard, a former ice hockey player (brother of Maurice), a.k.a. the "Pocket Rocket"
- Ryan Newman, a NASCAR driver who is referred as "The Rocket" when he qualifies on the pole.
- Robert Romano, a fictional general surgeon on the TV series ER.Plants:
- Eruca sativa, a leafy vegetable known in vernacular as a "rocket"
- London Rocket, a herbal plant in the family BrassicaceaeIn sports:
- See also "People" above.
- Houston Rockets, an NBA team
- Kelowna Rockets, a Western Hockey League team
- P.E.I. Rocket, a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team
- Toledo Rockets, the athletic teams of the University of ToledoIn rail transport:
- Various passenger trains operated by the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad.
- Stephenson's Rocket, an early steam locomotive which won the Rainhill Trials.
- Rocket, a South Devon Railway Comet class steam locomotive.
- "Ride the Rocket" is a slogan for the Toronto Transit Commission.Other:
- Rocket stove, variety of wood-burning stove
- Rocket (Beanie Baby), a Beanie Baby blue jay produced by Ty, Inc. in 1998
- Smarties (Ce De Candy), a sugar candy, known as Rockets outside the US