Pitt Stadium was a stadium in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that hosted football, track and field, and other events starting in 1925. It was the home of the University of Pittsburgh football team from 1925 to 1999, and when originally constructed housed nearly all the University's non-aquatic sports. It was also the home of the Pittsburgh Steelers during 1958 and also from 1963 to 1969, after they moved from nearby Forbes Field and before Three Rivers Stadium was opened. (They split the 1958 and 1963 seasons between Forbes and Pitt.) It also was the first home of the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera. Completed in 1925 at a cost of $2.1 million, the stadium consisted of a bowl seating 56,150 surrounding the track and playing field.
Pitt Stadium was also home to the Pitt Pavilion, a 4,000 seat basketball facility carved into the hillside along the southern end of the stadium's foundation between Gates 1 and 3 that served as the home of the Pitt basketball team from 1925 until moving into Fitzgerald Field House for the 1952 season. The Pitt Pavilion inside Pitt Stadium was removed in 1995 and replaced by the Duratz Center.
The stadium was closed in 1999 as the University of Pittsburgh moved its team to Three Rivers Stadium for a year before sharing Heinz Field with the Steelers. The stadium was demolished later that year. Student housing and the Petersen Events Center now stand on the site.