By 1933 the club were fielding six sides and had been elected to the Hampshire League Division 2 where they finished runners-up in their debut season before winning the title the following year and establishing themselves in Division 1.
Once normal football had resumed after World War II, Pirelli's returned to the county league where they wer placed in Division 2 and 'The Cablemen' were regular FA Cup entrants at this time. However, despite winning the Hampshire Intermediate Cup in 1955-56, it was not until 1962-63 that Pirelli's returned to top flight when they won the Division 2 title.
In 1965 Pirelli's moved to their best known home ground at Chestnut Avenue in Eastleigh and with some good facilities the club remained a steady Division 1 outfit, twice finishing 3rd in the late Sixties.
The Seventies was the golden age for Pirelli's, especially the 1971-72 season when they were Division 1 Champions. The next fourteen years saw the club remain regular title contenders and in 1976-77 they caused a big upset when they defeated favouries Farnborough Town to win the Hampshire Senior Cup.
Despite the parent company moving out of Eastleigh, Pirelli's remained a prominent force in the Hampshire League but the controversial loss of their ground in 2003 saw the club reluctantly withdraw from the league and fold.
During their existence Pirelli General (who played in a blue/white strip) won the Southampton Senior Cup four times and won the national All-England Cable Makers Cup three times.