is a small agricultural commune
of the Yonne département
The history of Pimelles dates to at least 1035, when known as "Pimella" it was given by Raynaud, the Count of Tonnerre, to the abbey of Saint Michael. Until the French Revolution, Pimelles was the estate of the Viart family. Their former manor house serves as the town hall. The town church, the Our Lady of the Assumption, was rebuilt by Count Louis-Alexandre-Charles Viart in 1781.
At the 1999 census
, the population was 70.
On 1 January 2005, the estimate was 64.