Pi Story is a free MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) created by NCONY Enterprise, a Korean company specializing in online game development, and published in North America by Aeria Games & Entertainment.
The game is set to be released in 2008, with its Closed Beta test having already been completed. Its Open Beta test is scheduled to open on July 21st, 2008. During Open Beta, all members of Aeria Games are allowed to play the game, free of charge.
Pi Story is an action-adventure game in which you travel through instanced dungeons
with a party of 8 or less. Outside of dungeons, the player will be located in a town where he/she may find others to party with, buy and sell equipment, as well as do various quests given to him/her by a Non-player character
Players start off as a Novice
, and eventually are able to choose one of four different classes; Fighter
, Magician (Mage
), and Thief
- The outstanding feature of the Newbie class is the wide variety of skills available for the beginning adventurer. This class includes the sword skills of the Fighter, the magic abilities of the Magician, the healing power of the Cleric, and the speed of the Thief.
- Although it encompasses multiple skills from all classes, skill leveling capabilities are lower overall, compared to the other classes. When changing classes from a Newbie to another class, players keep the talents acquired for that specific class.
- A Fighter is a universal class that is easy to play and very effective in attacks. Their range of attacks may not be fancy, but they are efficient and get the job done. The advantage of being a Fighter is that they have excellent health stats, which come from their experience in battles all over the world. As a result, Fighters usually lead the party.
- Due to both easy shortcut hot keys and command skills, Fighters are easy to control, making you the best Fighter of the group.
- Clerics can create miracles with Faith, their belief in God. A crucial and versatile member of a party, Clerics are responsible for making wise decisions for other members. Their 1st class in the faith-based classes are very strong and can easily match other classes (to be developed at a later date with other unique features). Clerics have an equal balance of sacrifice, improvement and restoration.
- Clerics are considered one of the best support members for a party. Faith-based skills that only Clerics can use, such as restoration and other types of support magic, are not only essential but also proves to be major benefit in battle. They even have the power to create miracles such as restoring the life of a fallen party member so they can rejoin the party.
- It would be a grave misunderstanding if these features lead you to think that Clerics are poor at actual combat. The faith-based classes constantly seek self-development as well as physical strength. The use of diverse blunt weapons and powerful sacrificial magic that consume a Cleric's health allow them to fight actively at the forefront of combat..
- The Magician class is skilled in using materialized mana gathered from Pi and the rest of the world. Magicians are the very first class of the many mage classes. Their abilities are not weak compared to other typical mage classes. In addition, Magicians are natural scholars and have a broad knowledge of sorcery and magic.
- Magicians provide massive amounts of damage in a party and cover a wide range of area attacks. They have various skills in attacking using shortcuts, commands, casting words and formidable physical attacks that make the Magicians a very efficient ally during combat. Their weapons, canes and magic wands, can be charged as many times as the player wishes.
- Charged magic can be activated without specific casting. Equipping Magicians with spell books maximizes their magical capabilities; however, spell books cannot be charged with magic. With all of these options, Magicians can assist a party tremendously.
- Currently unavailable.
A party in Pi Story is a group of players who come together for a purpose such as completing a quest or defeating monsters. Depending on how many party members you have (8 maximum, including yourself), monsters in dungeons become harder to battle, with increased HP (hit points) and strength. Partying adds more in-depth game play, as you can make strategies with your party, as well as help each other complete a certain quest.
Players in Pi Story are able to create guilds for a closer community of players.
Quests are given to a Player character
(PC, or simply "player") through NPCs in Towns. To commit to a quest, the player must simply interact with an NPC and receive the quest from them. Quests are given based on what level the character is.
As with several other MMOs, Pi Story has a simple housing system. In able to use your players house, you must first purchase a House Pi. You can add a bed, furniture, and many other items using the house system, as well as invite people to come see it.