The International Family Entertainment Inc. was founded and co-chaired Pat Robertson in 1990. Robertson owned the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN).
IFE produced and distributed family entertainment and information programming worldwide. IFE's principal business was
The Family Channel, a satellite delivered cable-television network with 63 million U.S. subscribers.
- 1977: Robertson's CBN created
- 1988: CBN Cable was renamed
The CBN Family Channel.
- 1990: International Family Entertainment, Inc. (IFE) was formed by Pat Robertson. The company owned The CBN Family Channel.
- 1990: CBN Family Channel was renamed
The Family Channel.
Fox Family Worldwide, Inc.
- 1998: IFE and MTM archives were folded into 20th Century Fox Television.
- August 15, 1998: The Family Channel was renamed Fox Family Channel.
- 2001: The Walt Disney Company, Inc. acquired Fox Family Worldwide for US$ 5 billion. The company was renamed ABC Family Worldwide, Inc. and the channel was renamed ABC Family.
- 2001-2002: Fox Kids was renamed Jetix.