" is a song written by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison
and included on his 1995 popular album, Days Like This
Michelle Rocca, Morrison's longtime girlfriend, featured on the cover of the Days Like This album and the couple had become engaged in March 1995 shortly before the release of the album.
Morrison had dedicated his song "Have I Told You Lately" to Michelle when he appeared at the IRMA awards in Dublin, Ireland during the same month.
"Perfect Fit" was the opening tune on the album and was described by Johnny Rogan as being "a transparent paean to Rocca.The song opens with the lines:
- Now baby just lately you've been holding back too much
- Your looks and my language, this could be the perfect touch
- What you are asking fits with everything on my list
- This could be the perfect fit
Personnel on original release
- Rogan, Johnny (2006). Van Morrison:No Surrender, London:Vintage Books ISBN 9780099431831