Rose's Pawn Shop
is a bluegrass
band from Los Angeles
. Currently on tour, their debut album The Arsonist
was released in May 2006.
Formed in August 2005, Rose's Pawn Shop is a six-piece band consisting of:
- Paul Givant - Lead vocals, Guitar & Banjo
- Sebastian St. John - Fiddle, Mandolin, Accordion, Bouzouki, Greek Lyra & Vocals
- John Kraus - Banjo, Mandolin, Guitar & Vocals
- Bill Clark - Banjo, Pedal Steel, Guitar & Vocals
- Derek Asuan-O'Brien - Upright & Gut Bucket Basses
- Derek Swenson - drums & Vocals (Dave Weinstein-Original Drummer, left the band to pursue a modeling career)
They have also recorded and performed with: "Soda"- Banjo, Guitars and Vocals, Jimmy Stelling of The Hackensaw Boys, Wayne Hancock, Junior Brown, Flogging Molly, Th' Legendary Shack Shakers, The Scotch Greens, Jack White and The Raconteurs, and many others.
Rose's Pawn Shop currently tours extensively throughout North America and Canada.
In their brief history Rose's Pawn Shop have been awarded the 2006 Best Band in the West title in the Billboard Magazine
/Disc Makers Independent World Series as well as being Amoeba Records
homegrown artist of the month for June 2006. Following these awards Rose's Pawn Shop embarked on a three month cross-country tour.
||May 23, 2006
|Track listing: |
"Deep Red Clay"
"Long Way to Fall"
"My Old Valentine"
"Down the Line"
"Blood Running River"