Karkur was founded in 1913 when the land was purchased by the London Estate, a Jewish-owned company. The area was settled permanently in 1926. In 1927, Karkur's population was 300.
Pardes Hanna was founded in 1929 by PJCA and named after Hannah Mayer Rothschild, daughter of Nathan Mayer Rothschild. In the 1950s, the villages Tel Shalom and Neve Efraim were merged with Pardes Hanna.
The towns were merged in 1969.
Pardes Hanna-Karkur has the largest population of any local council in Israel.