Kneuterdijk Palace, located in the Hague, was once a Royal Palace of the Kings of the Netherlands. Built in 1716 in the Louis XIV style, by architect Daniel Marot, it was first home to the Count of Wassenaar-Obdam . The palace served as a residence for King William II and his wife princess Anna Paulowna of Russia in the first half of the 19th century, when he was still the crown prince.
Their grandson crown prince William used the palace from 1858 till his death in 1879. In the 1930s the place was occasionally used by Princess Juliana. After World War II Dutch war criminals were tried in the great hall, some of whom were sentenced to death. Then the Ministry of Finance used the building for many years. Since restoration work was completed in 2001 the palace has been in use by the Netherlands Council of State (Raad van State).