The PROTECTOR M151 Remote Weapon Station is a remotely-controlled weapons station (RWS) that can be mounted to vehicles and stationary platforms. It is manufactured by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace of Kongsberg, Norway.
The PROTECTOR is commonly used by the US Army Stryker Brigades.
The system consists of a stabilized firing platform, a fire control system
and control grips
. Several weapons can be mounted to the platform, such as:
- PROTECTOR M151 – deployed with the first Stryker brigades
- M151 E1 (Block 1) – includes improved thermal cameras
- M151 E2 (Block 2) – stabilized version
- Several country specific adaptations
- PROTECTOR Lite
- PROTECTOR CROWS II
- Sea PROTECTOR – for naval applications
- PROTECTOR NM221 – includes internal ammunition feed
In addition to the home country 's M113 APC and Tactica vehicles (PROTECTOR NM221), and the Iveco LMV (PROTECTOR Lite), the PROTECTOR is widely used internationally.
- : contract signed 02 May 2008 for eight-year delivery of PROTECTOR to be used on the Renault VAB vehicle.
- : Patria AMV