- For other uses see:
- Olan (mountain), a mountain in the Massif des Écrins in the French Alps (3564 m)
- Olan Trust, a UK-based non-profit organisation promoting environmental sustainability
- Olan Mills, photography (Olan Portrait Studios, US/UK) and church directories (Olan Church Division, US)
Olan is a dish that is part of the Kerala cuisine of South India. It is prepared from pumpkin, coconut milk and ginger seasoned with coconut oil.
Olan is usually served as part of a Sadhya.
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Pressure cook the next day till 3/4th done.
- Add chopped pumpkin, salt and slit green chillies.
- Cook with a little water.
- When the pumpkin and the beans are completely cooked, pour hot oil tempered with curry leaves into it.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3–4 minutes.