is a point lying 3 nautical miles (6 km) northwest of Duthoit Point
on the east side of Nelson Island
, in the South Shetland Islands
. The name O'Cain's Island, after the American sealing vessel O'Cain
(Captain Jonathan Winship
) from Boston, MA, was applied by the Stonington sealers in 1820-21 to Nelson Island, but this name did not become established. O'Cain Point was applied by the United Kingdom Antarctic Place-Names Committee
(UK-APC) in 1961 to preserve the American name in the area.