- Younger sibling of the speaker's sex (younger brother or younger sister) in the Inuit language. Nuka is widely used as a personal name for females and males in Greenland. In Canadian Inuktitut as well as Alaskan Iñupiaq and Yupik (all branches of the Inuit language), the form Nukaq is used, and is used more as a designation for younger sibling in these dialects.
- The Japanese word for rice bran
- A character in Astro Boy, a female robot on whom Astro has a crush
- Nuka (The Lion King), a character from the 1998 Disney direct-to-video animated film The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
- Dutch word for nuchter stierkalf (NuKa), a young cow.