Within the village there is an All Saints' Church, Village Hall, Post Office and the historic Nocton Hall. Due to a local by-law, a village pub is not allowed. The nearest pub is Dunston's Red Lion, three fields away to the south of Nocton along the bridal path.
In the first four decades of the 18th century, Sir Richard Ellys of Nocton formed a collection of books which eventually went to Blickling Hall in Norfolk by inheritance in the 1740s, though most of the books were in fact kept in London. They form the core of the great library of some 12,500 books, which is now in the care of the National Trust.
Nocton Estates Light Railway was constructed in 1926 and used to transfer Potatoes to the Railhead at Dunston. Also it was used to transfer sugar beet to the factory at Bardney. The light railway rolling stock and track were originally used to move munitions and troops to the front line in WW1.
The village shared the Nocton and Dunston railway station (GNR/GER Joint) until it was closed in 1955. Trains still run on the route from Lincoln through to Sleaford but do not stop for goods or passengers at the old Nocton and Dunston station.