501 Marquette is a 19-story highrise in Minneapolis, Minnesota which was the tallest commercial building in the city from the time it was completed in 1915 until the Foshay Tower was built in 1929. It was built for the First National Bank of Minneapolis, a predecessor of today's U.S. Bancorp (U.S. Bank). It later served for many years as headquarters of the Soo Line Railroad, and was known as the Soo Line Building (indeed, a clock at the corner of Marquette Avenue and Fifth Street South still bears that name as of 2006).
The building is located across Marquette Avenue from 510 Marquette, the original Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. In front of that building is the Nicollet Mall station of the Hiawatha light rail line.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 12, 2008.